Online Permitting System
The City of East Chicago, Indiana has implemented its online permitting system. The system will:
- Enhance customer service by allowing contractors and citizens to submit permit applications, upload supporting documents and pay any associated fees
- Improve staff efficiency and coordination throughout the department
- Provide the ability to check on the status of permit application
- Provide automated notifications to improve the service provided to our customers
- Reduce time and expense for contractors and citizens in applying for permits
- Reduce time to review, track and issue permits
- Track data more efficiently
- Floor Coverings
- Gutters, Soffit and Fascia
- Tuck pointing
- Windows and Doors
- Rental Registration
Customer Identification Number
Note that customers will be required to have their assigned Customer Identification Number (CID) in order to register online and apply for a building permit. Please email Michelle Chandler to obtain your CID information prior to applying online.
Attached you will find step-by-step instructions on how to create your profile and apply for permits. Should you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact the East Chicago Building Department at 219-391-8294.
Pay by credit/debit or checking/savings account online at our Permit and Inspection Pay Portal. There is no additional charge to customers when payment by credit or debit.