Advertise on East Chicago Transit (E.C.T.) buses and take advantage of the low cost and high visibility that it offers. ECT has a total of five buses at this time (number of buses is subject to change), three buses in route that provide service throughout the City of East Chicago and parts of Griffith and Hammond.
Three buses are in service from 5:55 a.m. to 8:44 p.m, Monday through Friday and two buses on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4:31 p.m. E.C.T. has no service on Sundays or Holidays.
Note that all buses are rotated daily.
Print Advertisement Information
The advertiser is responsible for contracting with a printing company for the design and printing of the material to be displayed. The advertiser is responsible for all printing and design costs. E.C.T. does not endorse or recommend any printing company. Advertisers must provide displays for all buses.
- Rear Frame size: 72 7/8” x 21 1/2”x 1/8” (4mm) thick - @ $100.00 per month per frame
- Street Side Frame: 108 3/4” x 28 1/2”x 1/8” (4mm) thick - @ $135.00 per month per frame
All exterior signs should be 1/8” (4mm) thick and on an exterior corroplast type of material. The material must be able to withstand extreme temperatures, wind and precipitation. E.C.T is not responsible for any lost ads that do not meet our specifications or that can be easily removed from the frame (Must provide displays for all buses)
Advertising area is 11 by 24 by 1/16 inches (2 millimeters) thick. Ad must be on a plastic or sturdy poster board material to prevent it from bending.
There are 18 interior spaces per bus.
The cost to advertise per interior space is $150 for three months. Each additional interior space is extra.
All advertisers are required to sign an advertising contract.
A minimum three months advertising contract is required for all exterior and interior space or frame except for political advertising, which can be on monthly basis. A minimum contact must be paid in full when contract is signed. A 10% discount is available on all advertising contracts of twelve (12) months or longer that are paid in advance.
Advertising space is available on a first come–first serve basis.
With regard to political signage, once a candidate has secured advertising on a bus, no other candidate, running for the same office will be advertised in the same venue.
Reservation & Payment
When a reservation for advertising is placed, a $100 deposit (NO CASH OR CREDIT CARD) PERSONAL CHECK, CERTIFIED CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY - is required. Contract must be signed within 30 days after deposit is placed. Balance and advertising material will be due 10 days prior to the contract scheduled installation date. If E.C.T. receives a returned check from our bank for a advertising payment, the contract will be void and considered breach of contract, E.C.T. reserves the right to accept another check. Cancellations must be made 30 days prior to installation date, failure to do so will result in the forfeiting of your deposit.
All advertisers are required to sign an advertising contract.
TO ADVERTISE CALL
THE EAST CHICAGO TRANSIT OFFICE AT (219) 391-8465
Terms & Conditions
Advertisers not meeting this term and condition will be subject to breach of contract and will lose any and all deposit made.
1. Advertiser is responsible for supplying finished advertising materials to E.C.T. as listed on signed contract. Advertiser agrees to deliver finished materials directly to East Chicago Transit (E.C.T.), whose address appears on the top page, at least ten (10) days prior to the installation date. The contents of poster(s) anddisplay material shall be submitted to E.C.T. and shall be subject to the approval of E.C.T. and their decision shall be final.
- Loss of service, due to failure of advertiser to furnish material(s) as provided on signed contract shall be the advertiser’s loss. These failures shall not constitute a breach of contract but, the advertiser will not be entitled to a pro rata credit. Advertiser may purchase additional service, at the standard rate, if service space is available.
- Should the advertiser’s materials be damaged for any reason whatsoever, replacement materials shall be furnished by the advertiser upon request, without liability or expense on the part of E.C.T.
- Advertiser shall indemnify and hold harmless E.C.T. against any liability to which they may be subjected to by reason of the advertising materials displayed under this contract, including but not limited to, liability for infringement of trademarks, trade names, copyrights, invasion of rights of privacy, defamation, illegal competition or trade practices, as well as all reasonable costs, including attorney’s fees, in defending any such action(s).
- Loss of service due to any cause beyond the control of E.C.T., shall not constitute a breach of this agreement, but in such event, advertiser shall be entitled to a pro rata credit for such loss, or at the option of E.C.T. to additional service or an extension of the term of service equivalent to service lost.
- In the event that E.C.T. or its representatives subsequently disapprove any advertisement, E.C.T. shall have the right to remove said advertisement forthwith. E.C.T. accepts this contract subject to all federal, state and municipal laws and regulations with respect to the advertising matter to be displayed. In the event such advertising becomes illegal, E.C.T. reserves the right to terminate the contract and the advertiser shall receive a pro rata credit for the remainder of the contract as of the date of removal.
- E.C.T. reserves the right to cancel this contract at any time upon default by the advertiser or their agent in the payment of bills, or other breach, or in the event of any material violation on the part of the advertiser or their agent of any of the conditions herein named. Upon such cancellation, all advertising done hereunder, including short-term rates or other charges under this contract, and unpaid, shall become immediately due and payable. In case of delinquency of payment, waiver by E.C.T. of any specific breach or breaches of this agreement by the agency and/or advertiser shall not prejudice the rights of E.C.T. hereunder with respect to any breach or breaches not specifically waived by ECT. In the event of suit for the collection of unpaid accounts, all costs of suit, including attorney’s fees shall be added to the monies owed. Payment terms - 30 days from date of invoice.
- Upon expiration of this contract, materials will be held by E.C.T. and E.C.T. shall not be held liable for materials not picked up by the advertiser within five (5) days after expiration of contract. Expired material must be picked up by advertiser or their agent or it will be discarded by ECT.
- This contract is not assignable by the advertiser.
- This contract becomes effective when executed by E.C.T. and contains the full agreement of the parties, and no representation or assurance, verbal or written, shall affect or alter the obligation of either party hereto.
- Any bill rendered to the agency and/or advertiser shall be conclusive as to the correctness of the items therein set forth and shall constitute an account stated unless written objection is made thereto by the agency and/or advertiser within thirty (30) days from the rendering thereof.
- Advertiser must provide displays for all 5 buses. (number of buses is subject to change)
This Terms and Condition has been reduced to writing and has been executed by the advertiser and by ECT It contains all of the agreements of the parties hereto, and no agreement not set forth herein shall affect the obligation of either party hereunder.
Terms and Conditions are subject to changes at any time.