New! Free Covid Drive Thru
Hammond: Morton High School
New! Free Covid Drive Thru
St. Timothy’s Community Church
1600 West 25th Ave. Gary, IN
August 4th - August 8th 9:00AM - 6:00PM
New! Covid Drive Thru
School City of East Chicago, Administration Building
1401 E. 144th St, East Chicago, IN, 46312
August 6th -7th
August 17th - November 30th
8:00am - 12:00pm
12:30pm - 4:30pm
5:00pm - 8:00pm
Insurance accepted, Free without insurance
The EC Health DPT is resuming public services with modified safety protocols. Please call 219-391-8467 or check out our FAQ sections for these instructions.
As Indiana begins to reopen please refer to the Governor’s Back-On-Track Plan (LINK) to see what’s opening.
The Health Department team endeavors to promote a healthy and informed community by promoting:
- Community health education
- Crisis Interventions
- Preventive Practices
- Risk of harm reduction strategies
- Wellness activities and initiatives
Our goal is to increase healthy lifestyle choices and outcomes for East Chicago residents and the surrounding communities.
Methods for Achievement
This aim is achieved through; community partnerships with public and private partners, businesses, social service agencies, faith based entities and health provider organizations
It is through and with you that together we make a positive difference in the lives of each other.
- Health Inspectors were certified by the State of Indiana as Standardized Food Program Inspection Officers.
- Recently organized a Task Force and partnership with the East Chicago Police Department and Inspectors to form a Task Force on the management and control of the Pit Bull animal population in the City.
- Secured a grant to fund the upcoming STD Clinic.
- Successfully completed a state-mandated timed emergency preparedness medication dispensing drill in 22 minutes compared to the average estimated time of 1 to 2 hours.
Department Fun Facts
- East Chicago is one of only two cities statewide that continues to operate and manage a local health department for its residents
- The East Chicago Health Department is the only Health Department in northwest and central Indiana that operates an Animal Control Division at the local level.
- Indiana Health Commissioner Visits East Chicago, Dr. Adams was appointed by Governor Mike Pence as the Indiana State Health Commissioner on October 22, 2014.
Frequently asked questions concerning birth certificates, death certificates, amendments, and paternity affidavits.
No cash payments accepted for any services at the Health Department.
We accept money orders, cashier’s checks or debit/credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express).