The motto of the East Chicago Police Department is "Courage, Compassion, Professionalism"
The mission of the East Chicago Police Department is to protect the lives and the property of the people we serve and to consistently carry out our duties in a professional and ethical manner. We will treat those we encounter in the manner in which we would expect a member of our family to be treated.
All members of the department are committed to:
- Adhering to the highest standards of the law enforcement profession
- Constantly striving to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the department
- Ensuring public safety
- Pursuing relationships of trust with those we serve
- Commitment to officers and civilian members
- Community partnership
- Respect for those we serve
- Reverence to the law and the constitutional rights for all
The City of East Chicago is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Officer. Applicants must be at least 21 to 35 years of age and meet all other basic eligibility requirements. All selected candidates will be trained.
Starting Thursday, January 17, 2019 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m, applications are available at the East Chicago Police Department located at
2301 Columbus Drive
East Chicago, IN 46312
For more information call the East Chicago Police Department of Human Resources 219-391-8314.