State law dictates No aunt, uncle, cousin, niece, nephew, ex-spouse, unlisted father, step parent (not listed on certificate), or non-relative may pick up your certificate without power of attorney or direct interest documentation.
The only relative who has the authority to pick up your certificate (with appropriate ID) is :
- Mother or Father (Must be listed on certificate.)
- Grandmother or Grandfather (Must be parent of a parent listed on the record & show birth certificate of said parent of grandchild & valid ID.)
- Brother or Sister over the age of 18 (With their own birth certificate & ID.)
- Wife or husband (With marriage license & ID.)
- Court appointed legal guardian or appointed power of attorney (Must provide guardianship papers with court seal & valid ID.)
- Attorney representing person named on record (Must provide direct interest spelled out on letter head or court documents.)
- State and Federal agencies (Must provide work ID as well as direct interest spelled out on letter head, court documents, or signed authorization from client.)
- Social agency (Must provide work ID as well court documentation or signed authorization from client.)
- Genealogy - Individual named on certificate must be 75 years old and deceased (Must provide proof of death.)
To verify direct relationship we will cross reference the names on the certificate & ID with who is petitioning for the certificate.