Reduce, Reuse & Recycle
It's easy to reduce waste at its source: just stop garbage before it's made.
One person's trash is another person's treasure. Useful products get a second chance on life with reuse.
Every 40 cases (one ton) of recycled-content paper purchased saves the equivalent of eight full grown trees!
Ways to Contribute to East Chicago
- Buy food with less packaging
- Compost leaves and grass
- Eliminate unnecessary car trips
- Go easy on paper products
- Plant a tree
- Recycle glass and aluminum cans
- Recycle hazardous household items
- Recycle paper and plastic
- Remind Friends and Family to remember the three "R's" - Reduce, reuse, and recycle
- Use reusable food containers