The City of East Chicago, Indiana Water Department implemented its Citizen Self Service online payment system effective May 1, 2019, which:
- Enhances customer service by allowing citizens to pay their water bills and provide limited view of accounts, etc.
- Improves staff efficiency and coordination throughout the department
- Provides the ability to check on the status of payments
- Reduces payment processing time
- Reduces time and expense for citizens in processing payments
- Tracks data more efficiently
All customers who were utilizing our existing Vanco Online Payment System were required to register under the new online payment system by the effective date of May 1, 2019, as the Vanco Online Payment Services when that service was discontinued.
Note that customers will be required to have their assigned Customer Identification Number (CID) in order to register online and commence utilizing the online payment service. Please email East Chicago Water to obtain your CID information prior to registering online.