Official entry forms are available at the Mayor’s Office or Central Fire Station. Finished art should be submitted in person at the Central Fire Station 3901 Indianapolis Blvd. East Chicago, Indiana 46312.
The City of East Chicago is not responsible for loss or damage to artwork submitted.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Monday, October 21, 2019, before 4 pm. Winner will be announced on Monday, October 28, 2019. at 3:30 p.m. at Central Fire Station 3901 Indianapolis Blvd.
Guidelines, Rules & Conditions
1. Must be an East Chicago resident.
2. Must attend an East Chicago public, private, or home school for grades Pre-K through Sixth
3. One entry per student.
4, The subject (art) should follow the Fire Prevention theme for the current year. 2019 - "Not Every Hero Wears a Cape. PLAN AND PRACTICE YOUR ESCAPE!"
5. Each entry must be accompanied by a signed entry form as supplied by the Fire Department.
6. Entry may be in watercolors, oil paint, pen and ink, crayons and markers or digitally painted artwork.
7. Entries must be created by the individual without assistance – that includes any writing on the poster.
8. Recommended finished size of original artwork must be – 11” x 17”
9. The winning entrant must agree to allow:
- Their name must appear on the finished art piece.
(Name, Age, and School must be on the back of art)
- Their art to become the property of the City. All copyright is transferred to the City of East Chicago
- Their name and reproduction of their winning entry to be published in the media.
- Their original art to be displayed at City Hall and other City locations.
- A first, second, and third place award will be made to the following groups and a grand overall champion will be selected: