City Of East Chicago
USS Lead Superfund Site – Zones 2 and 3
Neighborhood Water Service Line Replacement Program
Have you ever had your lead water lines replaced?
The city of East Chicago is requesting all property owners in Zones 2 and 3 of the USS Lead Superfund site, who have not already done so, sign a consent form and schedule an appointment to have their lead water service lines replaced. This lead water line replacement is part of the City of East Chicago's Neighborhood Water Line Replacement Program. The goal of the program is to improve water quality for customers by replacing existing water service lines that contain lead. The replacement will be performed at NO COST to the resident as the state of Indiana is assisting with the cost of the project. Calumet City Plumbing was awarded the contract to replace the service lines throughout these areas and has been performing this work since November 2018. As funding is limited, please sign up as soon as possible to participate in this program. Note that EPA must have cleaned or given clearance for your property prior to this work being performed.
• Review, sign and file your access agreement online at https://in-eastchicago.civicplus.com/FormCenter/Water-Department-Forms-16/Water-Service-Line-Access-Agreement-161
• Contact Winna Guzman at the East Chicago Water Department at 219-391-8469 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment to replace your water service line. A pre-inspection appointment will follow by Calumet City Plumbing, after you have initially scheduled your appointment.
• Appointments for the home survey pre-inspection will NOT be scheduled if an access agreement is not already on file with the East Chicago Water Department.
• The Homeowner, or adult age 18 or older, must be on-site for the home survey and at the time of service line replacement.
• The work area must be cleared and accessible.
• Any cancellations or no-shows for home surveys or service line replacements will result in an address being "passed-over." Those passed-over may be eligible for service line replacement at the end of the project, pending available funding.
Please contact the East Chicago Water Department at 219-391-8469 or email at email@example.com for more information.