City Of East Chicago
Neighborhood Water Service Line Replacement
USS Lead Superfund Site – Zones 2 and 3
Have you had your lead water line replaced?
The city of East Chicago is requesting all property owners within Zones 2 and 3 of the USS Lead Superfund Site, who have not already done so, sign a consent form and schedule an appointment to have their lead water service lines replaced. This lead water line replacement is part of the City of East Chicago's Neighborhood Water Line Replacement Program. The goal of the program is to improve water quality for customers by replacing existing water service lines that contain lead. The replacement will be performed at NO COST to the resident as the state of Indiana is assisting with the cost of the project. Calumet City Plumbing was awarded the contract to replace the service lines throughout these areas and has been performing this work since November 2018. As funding is limited, please sign up as soon as possible to participate in this program. In order to participate in this program, your property has to have clearance and/or remediated by the EPA.
- To review, sign and file your access agreement online, please visit https://in-eastchicago.civicplus.com/FormCenter/Water-Department-Forms-16/Water-Service-Line-Access-Agreement-161; or contact or visit the East Chicago Water Department to request the access agreement form.
- Upon receiving the executed access agreement, a pre-inspection appointment will follow by Calumet City Plumbing, after you have initially scheduled your appointment. Appointments for the home survey pre-inspection will NOT be scheduled if an access agreement is not already on file with the East Chicago Water Department.
- The homeowner or adult age 18 or older, must be on-site for the home survey and at the time of service line replacement.
- The work area must be cleared and accessible.
- Any cancellations or no-shows for home surveys or service line replacements will result in an address being "passed over." Those passed-over may be eligible for service line replacement at the end of the project, subject to available funding.
Please contact the East Chicago Water Department at 219-391-8469 or email email@example.com for additional information. You may also visit our website at www.eastchicago.com.