I am seeking an amendment on my certificate. What do I need?

Per State, the laws surrounding birth amendments will be changing. We advise clients to call our office at 219 391-8413 to review your case.

The Amendment is a legally binding change to your certificate. Once you have signed and should the information be incorrect, the state will consider this legally binding and will not be rectified at the local level therefore after, but will have to be changed through the courts. Once you amend your certificate at the local level you can no longer amend your certificate through the local level and must go through the courts therefore after. You may review the needed documents for the amendment in the next question. You will need 2 different documents, and must be ten years or older. The documents you provide must reflect the correct spelling you want to be displayed on your certificate.

Appointment Availability

Appointments are only available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for 9 or 10 a.m, except days that fall on the first or the last of the month. 


Amendments are $25 and a new certificate is $12.

Show All Answers

1. I am seeking an amendment on my certificate. What do I need?
2. What documents do I need for my amendment?