The City Controller is the Chief Financial Officer for the City and is responsible for all accounting aspects of all city departments. Duties include:
- Performing any other such duties as may be directed by the Mayor or his designee
- Providing financial planning, budgeting and investment advice for city fund
- Recommending and implementing financial controls, reporting, procedures and reports for fiscal operation of the city
- Responsible for general supervision of the Controller’s Office
The Deputy Controller is in charge of daily functions of the Controllers Office, including supervision of staff. They also perform duties of the Controller in their absence.
The Senior Accountant performs work related to:
- Bank account reconciliation process
- Cash receipts recording process
- Controller’s Annual Financial Report
- Grant account
- Property taxes
It’s that time of the year to renew your Business License. The deadline is March 31, 2023. Please submit your check or money order payable to the City of East Chicago and mail it to 4525 Indianapolis Boulevard. If you have any questions, please contact the Controller’s Office during our business hours Monday - Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M. and 12:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M.
It’s that time of the year to update your dog license for your furry friends. Please contact the Controller’s Office to make your payment during our business hours Monday – Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 11:30 P.M. and 1:30 P.M. to 3:30 P.M. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the City Controller’s Office at (219)391-8300.