Mask Mandate in Place for East Employees and Public Buildings
Flu Shots are available Tuesdays & Thursdays 8:00AM - 11:00AM; 1:00PM - 3:00PM
NURSING SERVICES NEW HOURS
TB Shots Monday, Wednesday, Fridays 8:00 AM - 11:100 AM; 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
(Hours and days subject to change please call ahead of visit (219) 391-8258)
We DO NOT accept the following as an ID
- Expired license or ID
- Temporary paper ID
- Passports from foreign countries
- Library cards
- Xerox copies of original documents
We accept the following a an ID
- Valid U.S. driver's license or valid U.S. ID
- U.S. Passport
- Matricula consular card
The Health Department team endeavors to promote a healthy and informed community by promoting:
- Community health education
- Preventive Practices
- Risk of harm reduction strategies
- Wellness activities and initiatives
Our goal is to increase healthy lifestyle choices and outcomes for East Chicago residents and the surrounding communities.
Methods for Achievement
This aim is achieved through; community partnerships with public and private partners, businesses, social service agencies, faith based entities and health provider organizations
It is through and with you that together we make a positive difference in the lives of each other.
Department Fun Facts
- East Chicago is one of only three cities statewide that continues to operate and manage a local health department for its residents
- The East Chicago Health Department is the only Health Department in northwest and central Indiana that operates an Animal Control Division at the local level.
No cash payments accepted for any services at the Health Department.
We accept money orders, cashier’s checks or debit/credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover).